Monday, December 14, 2015

Vintage (as an Adjective or Noun)

 Vin-tage.  Oh my, I love that word.  The Webster's Dictionary defines vintage as, "old, an enduring interest, importance, or quality. Dating from the past, outmoded, old-fashioned."  I love everything about that definition.  

This weekend I snagged a friend and we went to 2 Friends and Junk.  This is just like another on my favorite shows called Vintage Market Days (next one is April 15-17th in Kellyville) for those who might have been wondering.  

I had never been to a 2 Friends and Junk but had high hopes.  Man oh man, Tanya and I found some jewels.  We both loved all of our purchases.  How cool to say I now own a 1937 tank gauge float from Cedar Rapids, IA.  I did some research and this 78 year float comes from a company founded in 1898 and still in business today. The company is 117 years old and named Tokheim Co.  How cool! I thrive on vintage history like that.  This solid and sturdy piece of glass was once used to hold some type of fuel in this factory.  Fast forward 78 years and it has found its way into our home as a vase.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  

I was so thankful Tanya was able to go with me on short notice and uber pumped that we BOTH found so many cool treasures.  We even stumbled upon a woodmaker based out of Kansas City.  I talked with him about creating a special one of a kind statement piece for our future dining room.  I know what I want, what I don't want, and where I want to put it.  I just haven't found the right person to make it for me.  I think we met him at this show.  He's going to work with me to create that one of a kind piece I've been looking for and bring it with him to the next 2 Friends and Junk show in Joplin in February.  Yes, that's right!  Road trip to Joplin for Tanya and I is in order!

It was a great weekend filled with treasures.  In my downtime I spent time with my boy treasures as well.  It's so important to me to spend that time with friends and family both near and far.  Relationships should be vintage!  We should treat them as old fashioned, with importance, and with quality.  

Hope everyone had a blessed weekend as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment