Sunday, October 25, 2015

My Weekend of Crazy

On Friday, Will had his "Dawg Dash" race.  The 3rd grade has been practicing and working on running longer and longer each time with their distance.  It was pretty rainy off and on all day Friday so we didn't even know if the race would be on.  I grabbed my umbrella and headed up to the school to cheer on my oldest.  Lord knows, he has cheered me on for countless races over the years. 

There was another 3rd grade mom who bought all the boys in his class this awesome pink shirt.  Each grade was given a class color to wear on this race and, of course, Will's class drew the color he has sworn he would never wear.  Thankfully, there were other boys that must have thought the same thing so an awesome mom came up with the idea that if she got them all matching "manly" pink shirts it wouldn't be a problem.  She was right!  Will loves this shirt and color now and even wore it under his jersey on Saturday morning for his flag football game (which he scored 1 TD and got 1 interception in).  

Also, on Friday Owen came home with a drawing lesson for me.  He has recently begun Art this quarter and he couldn't be more excited to show me what he's learning (almost daily).  One day was his profile that he learned how to "add details" to. Friday was his "Liberty Bell".  Once I learned what he was actually attempting to draw, I didn't think it was half bad:)  I really like that he's loving something at school and enjoying coming home to show off his new knowledge! 

Saturday morning I awoke at 5am to get in our LAST training run for the Tulsa Run (which is Halloween morning).  Melinda, Kristi, and I are Uber thankful that we have not scheduled anymore early runs.  Whew, that feels good!  We did a new route this weekend that had quite a bit of inclines on it in hopes that our bodies would get used to them a tad more since the Tulsa Run is one of (if not the most) hilliest race I have ever ran.  Best of luck to all the runners on Saturday!  I know how much time and devotion it takes to train for these races.  I'm ready to tackle it and move on and even more ready for SLEEPING IN on Saturday's.  Oh yeah, baby!!




No comments:

Post a Comment