Friday, October 23, 2015

Happy Birthday DAD!

 Monday was my dad's birthday.  My dad's 58th birthday.  Man, I'm thankful he's healthy, active, loves to spend time with my boys and his family, and thankful he's gonna be my neighbor for many years to come.  

For his birthday he wanted to go mini golfing with the family and eat dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  I can never turn down good dessert, so we went.  Okay, that wasn't the only reason we went but it was a factor:)  

My Papaw made the trip down from Bartlesville to see his son (my dad) and spend time with his grandkids and great grandkids.  He got through the few hours with us, we spoke of Mamaw, and there weren't tears (although he does always sound right on the brink).  I could tell he enjoyed his time with his family and missed his wife.  Who wouldn't after that many years together.  I know it was good for him to get out and do this so I'm happy he came!  

Steven let my dad win (by one stroke) for his birthday (these are Steven's words and not mine) and then we were all off to CF for some cheesecake...I mean dinner...I mean cheesecake.  Okay, stop hounding me.  I ate both!

I am thankful for all the great men in my life, in Steven's life, and in my boys' lives, but on Monday we celebrated my dad.  I literally wouldn't be here and wouldn't be a mother and wife without this man.  Words can not express my love for him and I will be forever thankful to God for giving him to me. 

Happy birthday Dad!  We love you so much!  I leave you with an oldie but a goodie of Pappy with his WP (Will Parker).  GO ROYALS!!!!   




No comments:

Post a Comment