Sunday, October 11, 2015

Friday Night Lights

 I've always loved football.  College is my favorite, with NFL being my least favorite and high school right in the middle.  There's something about the food, the lights, the sounds that just take me back. 

HS football takes me back to high school (obviously) and how much I loved standing on the sidelines cheering on our team.  I loved being a cheerleader and my senior year I LOVED watching Steven play on the field and screaming for HIM.  

College football takes me back to my days at OU. You remember those days in college when you totally thought you were 100% adult but really you were just a 18-21 year old experiencing some true freedom for the first time in your life.  Looking at those times in my life now, I realize that I was just a child learning the ropes of life for the first time without daily parental involvement.  


I guess NFL ranks last because I don't have memories to take me back while watching those guys play.  Yes, there are good men out there but so many of them are haughty, proud, arrogant, and wealthy beyond most of our imaginations yet so many of them do nothing with that money other than to squander, waste, and spend it on things that don't matter.  Maybe that's why NFL ranks low on my list of football loving players. 

If you haven't been to a local HS football game in awhile, I would say "Go!"  It's cheap, it's fun, it's out of the ordinary for a date night and it will bring back loads of great memories.  

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment