Thursday, October 8, 2015

Magic Pumpkin Seed

 If you have been reading my blog for any amount of time you probably have read all the entries about our family visiting MarVal Family Camping Resort in Gore, OK.  If you have never been, and you have a family, and you don't mind camping...I would highly recommend this place.  Sometimes, we don't even have time to get all the things done we would like to do in a weekend because there's SO MUCH to do here that we run out of hours in the day.  This last trip we didn't get to go fishing.  We all brought our poles, we all planned to do it, but the hours just got away from us and now that's its super chilly in the mornings and gets darker earlier that night, we just didn't find the time.


This is the first camping trip ever for our family when we went in the Fall.  I have to say that I'm pretty spoiled now to the fall.  When I compare my comfort level to that of NON COMFORT in the dead of summer it's pretty hard to beat.  I love summer, don't get me wrong.  It actually is one of my favorite seasons BUT I also love fall and I love not sweating to death with every single activity you do while camping.
I was worried that our family wouldn't have enough to do while camping if we took all the water activities off the table.  I was wrong.  The boys didn't even mention not getting to do water balloon's, not swimming, not rafting, not playing in the water splash pad, not jumping in the river.  Of course, it was pretty chilly so I don't even think the water things were a thought inside their brains.

MarVal did a really cool thing (they actually do it all of October) with the kids and a hayride.  You pay $5 and you get two tickets to ride the hayride.  Inside your packet of tickets is a pumpkin seed.  The kids ride the hayride and plant their pumpkin seed.  The magic fairies (teenage girls dressed to the gills in fairy costumes) sprinkled their magic fairy dust all over the pumpkins.  You ride the hayride back.  In two hours you get on the hayride again to go collect your pumpkins that magically grew full in 2 hours.  Will had this whole process figured out in about 2 minutes but was a very good brother and didn't ruin the surprise for his little brother who wholly believed everything and the whole process of the magic pumpkins:)


So, if you have time and you want to go camping with your family this is the place for you!  One last word of advice...if you decide to go with MarVal as your camping destination I would book early.  Like really really early.  I booked this trip (we took in October) back in January.  This resort is crazy filled all the time.  It's small so you don't feel packed but it's so small that they fill up quickly.  Book it now and also book a golf cart.  Your kids will thank you:)










No comments:

Post a Comment