Monday, October 5, 2015

Grand Canyon

 I apologize as I am a little behind on my blogging.  We are quite busy around Kueny land with two in school, two in football, two with homework, two with practices...I think you get the picture.  Did I mention that we still work, work out, and try to get in some time together as a family? Yes!  Those are vital in this family as well.  


A couple weeks ago Steven and I took off to Arizona to do just that...have a little time together.  Thankfully, we have family who live in AZ so they made the 4 hour drive north and came to see us in Sedona and Flagstaff.  Steven and I stayed in Sedona and all the other family stayed in Flagstaff to be closer to the Grand Canyon which we did over a full day in the weekend.  

It's always great to see Kasey and I love when we get to have some time together.  Normally, she will come with us on our family trips to Florida but this time it was just the adults and that's so much fun too!  Her mom (my aunt) had been to the Grand Canyon about 7 times so it was like we had our own personal tour guide with us the whole time who knew the way, knew which areas to view and which to skip over, knew all the bus routes, and knew the cool places along the way that you must stop and visit.  I would recommend getting your own tour guide when you see the Grand Canyon for the first time as well.  


It is SO Grand that sometimes it takes your breath away.  This was both, literal and figural, for me since I have a husband that demands he scare me to death on the edge of the cliff, edge of the canyon, edge of the rock...pretty much the EDGE of anything at the Grand Canyon.  It was driving me crazy and especially after I learned that someone dies EVERY.SINGLE.DAY at the Canyon.  That one threw me for a loop.

On our last full day in Arizona I went for a run through Sedona.  Steven and I had mapped it out the day before so I would feel familiar with the route and know where to turn around and where to keep going. It was a beautiful run and one I would do again purely for that reason.  It was probably one of the hardest 6 miles I have ever completed.  I failed to notice (while mapping it out) that Sedona is in the mountains (duh) and at about 4500 ft elevation.  That's quite a bit higher than our 700 ft here in Tulsa.  It only took me about 1/4 of a mile before I realized I couldn't breathe correctly, and only another 1/4 of a mile before I realized that every single street was another hill up a mountain.  So, 1/2 mile in and my body wanted to quit but I kept going to finish my 6 mile goal and to snap pictures of my run along the way.  I had a terrible time and I went incredibly slow but it was worth it for some of the views I had.  Now, I can say I've ran through 6 miles of the Sedona mountains.  Boom!

It was a great trip away and we enjoyed our time together and with family.  We are thankful for Denise (Nana) and our babysitter Bailey who helped out with the boys so we could enjoy these 4 days away.  Oh, did I mention the boys were sick with fevers and even a day of throw up's while we were gone?  Even more props to those ladies should go out now!!  

Thanks A Million Again!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment