Sunday, November 1, 2015

Take That Bronchitis!

 This last week has not been the easiest for me.  I have been suffering with no voice (I'm sure Steven didn't mind that), little to no energy, sinus infection (head feeling like it's gonna explode), no appetite, and to top it all of the doctor said I had bronchitis as well.  That's a doozy of a week!  NOT good for any Momma to get sick and have littles to take care of but this week was especially hard for me because I had scheduled to run the Tulsa Run on Saturday.  

This race is a tough one.  It's called a 15k but this race is NEVER 9.3 miles.  It's always more and I don't understand why they don't adjust the course to be a true 15k.  I crossed over the finish line at 9.5 miles with a 8:53 pace.  This course is UBER hilly.  It's probably the hilliest race (if not the most hills) on any race we've ever ran.  I know I am not the only one that says this about this race.  I hear it all the time.  I was nervous about this race because I had not been able to do ANY form of physical activity the entire week to prep.  Looking back, that might have been a good thing because I was storing up all my energy and strength for the morning of the race. God cleared up the rain, it moved out, and 8000 runners moved in.  Jackie Kueny crossed that finish line in 1,064th place.  Top 13% while attempting to get over bronchitis.  Thank you Jesus for your supernatural strength you gave me throughout this race.  I felt it.  

I also felt the presence of my running buddies.  I can't even remember now how many runs we have done together.  It's been quite a few.  It's great to know you have someone right there beside you, in front of you, or behind you.  We all eventually split up some but all crossed the finish line about 6 minutes of each other.  Thank you Kristi and Melinda for another great Tulsa Run in the books.  I couldn't have done it without you this year.  Seriously, I would have stayed on my couch...so thanks:)



No comments:

Post a Comment