Tuesday, November 3, 2015

84 Years of Life

Halloween always brings out the ghosts, goblins, and witches (and football players and the latest superhero in my house).  It also brings out our family in this household because it's my Papaw Fournier's birthday.  This year he celebrated number 84!  I think he looks pretty darn awesome for 84.  He's doing so well.  I know it's a day by day process for him but for Mamaw only being gone 3 months, I think he's doing amazing and I am so happy and proud of him.  He has his moments, many of them, as we all would but he is such a strong and precious man.

We all met at a local BBQ place for some ribs and okra for lunch yesterday.  I came sweaty after my run, the boys came soaked in rain, mud, and grass from flag football games.  Steven and Will came with hair all over their clothes and necks from freshly getting haircuts.  The girls came covered in eye makeup and face makeup from a football game/halloween dress up.  We all came though!  That's life right now in our world.  Super busy but NOT too busy to celebrate 84 years with this amazing man in our world.


Halloween night arrived at all the kids came to our house to trick or treat in this neighborhood.  This neighborhood can not be beaten for this holiday.  It is insane how many kids are here, parents, grandparents, friends, etc.  Sometimes you even lose your children because there is so much madness in the streets.  The kids love it!  This year we had a Halo character, football player (gasp, again?), a chainsaw killer (yuck), greek goddess, witch, Rapunzel, ninja, and Antman.  6 cousins and 2 friends went with us while we walked probably 4 more miles around the neighborhood.  Yes, my legs were sore:(  All in the name of Butterfingers, Twix, Snickers, Twizzlers, Kit Kat's....the list could go on and on of the candy that I stole from the boys buckets!


I always love to watch on Facebook throughout the week and see all the kids (and adults) costumes.  It's so fun and many people, MANY people are so much more creative than our family.  There's not much I can do to change Will's mind on the football player thing.  At least his costume doesn't usually cost me a dime.  I use that dime on Owen to buy yet ANOTHER superhero costume.  He has as many superhero costumes as most girls do dolls and purses. Both my boys are consistent in that avenue, that is for sure!

Happy weekend and daylight savings time fall back.  I hope everyone enjoyed this family this holiday weekend and snuck some good candy grabs here and there.  You're the parent!  You don't have to cap it at 5 pieces.  Keep eating:)








No comments:

Post a Comment