Saturday, November 28, 2015

Will Has a Birthday

 Will Parker Kueny came into the world on Nov 27, 2006 at 6:31pm. Or maybe it was 5:31pm?  Who's counting right, and I'm too lazy to go find the baby book to get  the correct time.

I do remember, however, very clearly how he was 10 days late.  It was Thanksgiving week and my doctor told me to "wait it out" and he would take Will on Monday if he hadn't come yet.  Basically, he didn't want to work on Thanksgiving if he didn't HAVE to so he told me to go home.  Suffice it to say, it was not a very comfortable holiday for me.  I couldn't eat anything because I was so overdue and uncomfortable.  

Monday morning came and I was finally able to have my baby as I began my 42nd week of pregnancy.  It was freezing outside and there was an ice storm on the evening Will came into the world.  That made for an interesting, tear induced, and stressful drive home 36 hours later.  

Fast forward 9 years and here we are.  I almost can't believe it.  Time sure does fly and I know before long I will blink and it will be his 19th birthday we are celebrating.  He had his good friend, Owen, over to spend the night.  His birthday was filled with his favorite foods, his family, his friends, and a sleepover with the holiday classic "Home Alone".  It was a birthday I hope he remembers for a long time.  

Happy birthday to my sweet, soft spoken, studious, obedient, mathematical, and loving 9 year old.  We love you more and more each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment