Thursday, January 16, 2014

Being a Gentleman


God knew the PERFECT teacher for Will to have this year for First grade.  Being in such a huge school, and having so many teachers and classes as an option I have been VERY nervous for 3 years now who he would get.  God always answers prayers and has always provided a safe and happy classroom environment for Will every year.  In addition (just to show another tiny thing but BIG to Will) all of his teachers in Elementary School have thus far been OU fans.  Big deal to Will:)  

Having all boys in this family I deal with a lot of rough and tough aspects of daily life, tears, punching, wrestling, sports of ALL KINDS, electronic gaming...the list could go on an on.  I think as a momma to boys I need to teach them a few things how it's okay to not always have to be so tough.  Be a gentleman once in awhile.  Tell a lady she's pretty "just because", hold doors, say excuse me, bring flowers to someone just to show them you love them.  Today was Will's day.  He took flowers to his awesome teacher, Miss Williamson.

I am thankful we live in a digital age where teachers can text so easily something to a parent.  She doesn't have to do that but she does, for which I am thankful.  She texted me this picture today to show me how proud Will was to give her the flowers.  It warmed my heart as a mom and I hope it touched her heart too to make her Thursday just a little more special.  

Thank you teachers for all you do and thank you Momma's for teaching boys to be gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment