Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sunny Florida

Andrea and I have officially decided to make this an "Annual trip" now so you are about to read about the 1st Annual girls weekend trip.  Florida sure beats St Louis.  Let's put it that way:)  St Louis is halfway between Tulsa and Lexington so MANY a weekend that is where we travel to.  Florida/St Louis...I see a clear winner!  

We were so blessed to have husbands and some sitters (on her end) that helped us out with the 5 babies while we were gone.  Momma's usually run the household (Sorry Daddies but it's true) so for them to be gone for 3 days can get tricky.  Luckily on my end it snowed and iced and Steven had to be home anyways because he can't work in weather like that.  The boys were home from school for snow days so it was a pretty easy gig for him I think!

There's something to be said for walking down the streets in DECEMBER and feeling sweat roll down your back.  I am not complaining.  It was a wonderful feeling knowing how bitterly cold it was back at home.  It just doesn't feel like Christmas when you are in 100% sunshine, no clouds, no rain, white sand and blue water.  It's strange to see Christmas lights strung up in palm trees and to hear "Let it Snow" on the radio when it is 84 degrees outside.  That's where I wanna live for Christmas every year!

I took that picture to show how different my two days were.  When I left the top picture is what it looked like at my house, and the bottom picture was my view the next morning.  Pretty good change if you ask me:)

Of course, no trip to Florida would be complete without some seafood.  We picked this really cool place right on the water where they raved about the sunset.  They even had a clock that was set and a bell that rang as soon as the sun dipped below the horizon.  They take their sunsets seriously at that place.  It was beautiful though and worth waiting on.  The seafood wasn't half bad either.  The best part though was the company.  Can't get much better than your best friend of OVER 20 years!













No comments:

Post a Comment