Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Party Time

 Today I got the chance to go to Will's 1st grade Christmas party.  I haven't gotten to volunteer in his class as much as I would like this year since I work 4 days and a week and my day off is the day Owen has no school.  All that to say, I really love when I can go into his class and see him in his school comfort zone.  I noticed on his desk a picture that his teacher took in the first week of school (to help learn their names).  I loved this picture of Will. I thought he looked so tan and handsome with his summer cut and summer tan.  He also looks so grown up (which I don't really like that part).  

The party started off with food.  Will got to make his very own reindeer donut.  A chocolate donut, pretzels, a hot tamale, and two eyes is all this took.  We both thought it turned out pretty good!

Next up was a snowman activity.  Will was grouped with two other kids whose job it was to cover him in toilet paper (cue the 1st graders laughing at the word toilet paper).  Will's team did pretty awesome, complete with a scarf to finish his snowman look!  

His last fun thing was to make a reindeer headband.  Darn those tiny little bitty wholes that I had to string string through.  How can anyone do that?  So frustrating!  Anyways, Will didn't care.  He was tired of me taking pictures by this point though:)

He had a great party and we finished the day up with our church's Christmas presentation "Celebrate Christmas" (more on that blog later).  Merry Christmas everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment