Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Buddy Part One

 Every year Buddy the Elf comes to visit our house.  Let me just be very up front here...I am NOT one of those Elf people that research and spend money and too much time to figure out funny and naughty things for Buddy to do every night.  Me?  I usually just stick him somewhere different every night.  

Take a few nights ago for example.  I was tired and it was late.  I had almost forgotten to move him.  Big oops on my part.  So, I moved him from inside a stocking to hanging from the ceiling fan.  Big deal around here.  See, no creativity needed and the boys thought it was AWESOME.  I thought it looked like our elf committed suicide but they got a good kick out of it:)

Another good and easy one was Buddy "pooping" on the boys toilet.  Don't worry, it was only raisens but the boys totally got into that one!

Our elf does pretty standard things around here.  Nothing too fancy or hard for either Steven or I.  I think it's so funny though that no matter what we do to Buddy each night the boys think it is the BEST thing ever.  That's why I do this elf thing anyways.  Such a small token of "doing" on my part and they get such joy out of it throughout the whole month of December.  In fact, Owen misses Buddy so much throughout the year that during December I have to take pictures of Buddy on my phone to show Owen (say in May) when he is missing him.  It's kind of sad actually.  

Soon the boys will be too old and grown to love and appreciate Buddy.  That day will be sad for me.  For now, they still love him and look for him every morning the very second they walk out of their rooms.  Will and Owen's face still light up when they see the tree every morning.  And for that...I am thankful!













No comments:

Post a Comment