Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Florida Goal

6 weeks ago I blogged about our trip to Florida and the goals I have set for myself in order to get there. Exercise and a "life change" (because I refuse to call it a diet) were my 2 main goals for myself before making the 14 hour drive to Destin.

It has now been 6 weeks and because I realize you are all DYING to know about my progress...here it is. As of this morning, I am down 8 pounds. Not much, but it has only been 6 weeks and I know I didn't have a ton to loose in that time. I have always heard unless you are obese it is harder and takes longer to loose weight. Great. Just the motivation I need!

Here is some other "motivation" I don't need. His name is Steven Kueny. That's right, my husband. Case in point...I work my butt off (I wish literally) and loose 8 pounds in 6 weeks. He skips a few meals, works in the sun, and looses 4 pounds in a week. Nice.

I have decided to post a few choice words on this matter because it annoys me so much and I am sure every other WOMAN out there who has to work doubly hard just because we were born FEMALE. Here is my take on it and a way to vent my frustrations:

Me: drink 90 ounces of water a day
Steven: drink coffee, Red Bull, Pop, and maybe 8 ounces of water a day

Me: eat healthy foods and healthy snacks
Steven: eat whatever he wants. fried, grilled, smothered, anything....

Me: work out 4-5 times a week
Steven: hasn't stepped foot in a gym in over a year

Me: do 30 minutes of ab/core work DAILY and STILL HAS FLAB ON MY STOMACH
Steven: hasn't done a crunch since basic training in the military STILL HAS A FLAT STOMACH

Me: step on the scale and loose 1/2 pound, sometimes nothing
Steven: step on the scale and loose 4 pounds

There....I am done with my venting. I love you Steven, but do hate SOME THINGS about you:)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your husband certainly has a gift of skinny. However, you may only be 8 lbs down, but you look amazing! I'm so proud of all your hard work. It's not easy to do what you're doing. Sooo...WAY TO GO JACKIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete