Monday, February 20, 2012

Owen Michael



Owen Michael Kueny. Totally different than his older brother and I am okay with that. It's funny how when you are pregnant you pray things for your child growing inside you. You don't know them yet, they don't really know you, but yet you pray for them in all areas of their lives that will still be determined. What struck me as such a small, trivial prayer in my mind to Jesus for Owen must not have been to my Jesus. One of the main requests I prayed for Owen was that he would be different than Will (in the area of confidence, fear of separation, and fear of strangers). I know this might seem odd to some, but once you have a child that is glued to you, afraid of a lot of situations, won't even allow family to watch him,etc...you begin to realize how much easier it would be and could be if the other child was 100% opposite. That's what I thought. And that's what I prayed. Jesus granted my prayer and gave me an INCREDIBLY NOT SHY and ACTIVE Owen Michael. Not easier in some ways, much much harder sometimes, but worth it because this is what I wanted for this little man. Totally loves strangers, new situations and places, not afraid of anything or anyone, never sad and always happy. Not that Will is sad a lot because he isn't but I could drop Owen off with a pack of homeless, scary looking men and he would have them all laughing and playing with him in a matter of moments and then Owen would cry when I made them leave:)

Owen always has a smile on him. Never wakes up mean or grumpy but rather always grinning and ready to take on the rest of the day. He loves his brother and loves his Daddy. He loves me too but he gravitates towards Daddy more because I guess he realizes already that I am taken up with Will. He has the biggest belly laugh out of a child that I have ever heard. He makes me smile all the time. He is so incredibly friendly to anyone. Never has met a stranger and never has a fear of strangers (this is where the hard part comes in for me). He is such a blessing to me and our family. He completely and totally balances out this family of four. Just the way I prayed and just the way God knew it would work in our family! I love you Owen Michael Kueny!

No comments:

Post a Comment