Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Kentucky Wedding





This last weekend Steven and I flew to Kentucky to attend a wedding of a 20+ year friend. It is my best friend Andrea's brother Stuart. I don't have a brother so Stuart was always the one I pestered and bugged and got in the way of. He always wanted to hang out with Andrea and I though and we would have to end up kicking HIM out of HER room! Oh, good times!

Steven and I love to spend time with Andrea and Jeff. Unfortunately, since we live in Oklahoma and they live in Kentucky...that doesn't happen too often. There are not many nights when we can get together and eat out together, talk, and just relax and have fun. Not many days where Andrea can swing by and pick me up and we can go get this done:
Andrea was getting a mani/pedi for the wedding so I had to splurge and get a pedi as well. Normally I only do a french manicure on my toes so I don't have to mess with clashing or matching colors to my toes. Since 99% of the time my toes are covered this time of the year I opted for a special blue. Blue because I knew my Will would go crazy over it. He did too. He loved them and has asked to see my blue toes several times since our arrival back in Oklahoma yesterday!

The wedding went off without a hitch and was very beautiful situated in a rural vineyard in Kentucky's horse country. White strung lights, music, laughter, and wine filled the air. It was a great time had by all. Here are a few snapshots of our time together at the wedding. Note both our husbands in one picture. I had to take the picture to really see if they looked "just like brothers" to me also. If Steven heard it once, he heard it eight times on how much Steven and Jeff looked alike. One of Andrea's relatives even started talking to Steven, calling him Jeff, until he realized Steven wasn't responding (because he doesn't respond to Jeff!) and then he got quite the surprise at his mistake:) Congratulations to Stuart and his new bride, Robyn. Now, I will TRY to not be too jealous since they are in Italy at this exact moment......

No comments:

Post a Comment