Monday, November 8, 2010

Who Says a Man Can't Cook?


Okay, so let me set up the situation. Owen was extremely messy from dinner. It was time to go to Aunt Angie's to play for a little bit. I stripped him down to his diaper and off we went to play and bathe at her house. He saw the apron when we first walked in. I thought to myself, "he is a little chilly with no clothes on" and stuck it on him. He walked over to the kitchen all by himself and began "cooking" and playing with all the kitchen equipment. He will hate me when he is older for these pictures, but right now I think they are too cute for words:)


He is my male Betty Crocker:) I love him to pieces. Now, on to walking. 16 months is more than adequate time in my book for the O man to walk. He is walking more and more everyday, shows no fear, never even cries when he falls, and continues to just get back up and try again. I caught him today in action. You can't really tell he is walking, but he is! He loves to stand up all on his own and throw and catch balls. He might sway and begin to fall while he is attempting to throw but he always rights himself and then throws anyway. My boys and balls. If that sentence is confusing just read my previous post from a few days ago.



Now more about my other ham....Will the elf! We went to Bass Pro on Sunday (yes, Christmas and Santa are already there for those who are wondering). Will wanted to shoot, drive boats, feed the fish, get a chocolate milk, and play in the 4 wheelers. Everytime he begins to talk like this we know it means a trip to our local Bass Pro. Oh, the joys of having boys:) Santa was there and Will would not even make eye contact with him. The boy is 4 and has still NEVER had a picture taken with Santa. Oh well. I made Owen attempt it this year and to no avail. He screamed the entire time on his lap and was practically shaking. I did not purchase that picture! Will loved making an elf mask. Momma helped him color the mask so that we would not still be at Bass Pro at bedtime (not a fast colorer is Will Parker). He loved the mask and wore it almost the rest of the night. Maybe next time we will try Santa again..........

No comments:

Post a Comment