Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hello Oregon (State #40)

 As many of you know I am on a quest to see all 50 states in this awesome country we live in.  I am super close to saying this is fully accomplished.  Our vacation this last week took us to states #40-44 on my list.  What remain are: Michigan, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota, Hawaii, and Alaska. Anyone who might want to visit one of these remaining states with me please let me know.


Last Saturday we left Oklahoma to visit state #40. This state was Oregon and let me tell you that it did NOT let us down.  Never would I have dreamed Oregon was so beautiful.  It is lush, and green, and hilly, and full of mountains.  It has great coffee and nice people.  It has beaches and gorges and waterfalls.  It was so pretty, in fact, that Steven and I said we would come back to this area and begin in Seattle and drive the coast all the way down to northern California until we hit the Redwood Forests. This will be another vacation for us whenever our checkbook rebounds from the current week vacation we just returned from:) 

Some of the highlights from this state were:

Dutch Brothers Coffee (yummy)
Multhomah Falls (incredible)
Columbia River Gorge (beautiful)
The weather (amazing)
The people (uber friendly)
Lake Oswego (quaint and small)

We will for sure be back to this state at some point and if you have never gone I recommend you make it up there at some point.  Life is too short!









No comments:

Post a Comment