Sunday, August 9, 2015

See Ya Utah (State #44)

The last few days of our vacation were upon us.  The last few days to enjoy our time together and soak up the gorgeous views, weather, and places we were visiting.  

Our last stop on this journey was Utah.  While in this state we visited Salt Lake and Park City.  Man, Park City is super high in elevation (about 7000 feet), super high in price, and super high in the amount of celebrities you might see if there during the Sundance Film Festival.  It is also super NICE, FANCY, QUAINT, BEAUTIFUL, all rolled into one.  It's worth a visit if ever in the Salt Lake area.  


While in Park City we saw the Olympic Park.  This place is a mecca for all sports and adventure lovers.  The boys loved the ropes course and ziplining.  Steven and I loved watching Olympic hopefuls training on the slopes and free style skiing jumps.  That's pretty exciting to get to see it in person.  It takes on a whole new meaning to when you hear someone say "that's hard".  Some of the things these athletes were doing didn't seem "hard" to me.  They seemed darn near "impossible".  I'll just stick comfortably on the ground and not flying through the air like human airplanes on skis.

Another thing that was great to see was the Olympic Oval.  I learned that this oval had more American's win medals in over any other Olympic Oval in history.  That was amazing to be inside the same building where so many American's achieved something so few of us ever will.  

It also made me realize that I am not an ice skater.  Nope. Not one ounce of me thought it would be fun or thrilling to go beyond my 2 mph while hugging the foam wall.  I would see people zoom by me and cringe because I didn't want to see them fall.  They never did.  Only my family.  I actually surprised myself and never fell.  I think Owen did 3 times and Will did 2 times but never did they cry.  They just got back up and continued and now (even a few weeks later as I'm typing this) they say that ice skating was one of their highlights on the whole week long trip.  I guess a trip to our local ice rink will be in my near future.  

I am thankful we were able to get away as a family on this journey.  I am thankful we were able to show the boys another portion of the country that they had never seen before.  I was thankful for save travels after almost 2000 miles on the road.  I was thankful for good boys throughout a week long mega road and plane trip.  I am thankful God provided the money for us to enjoy this together as a family.  

I am thankful and I look forward to our next journey together wherever that might take us....







No comments:

Post a Comment