Thursday, August 13, 2015

First Day of School

 The day has arrived.  Summer is officially over at the Kueny Casa.  This gives me mixed emotions because everyone knows how much I love summer.  On the other hand, I also love our routines during school year and how much easier it is for me to work and have some "me time."  

This week we have spent planning for today.  We went and purchased Will's first "real" Bible that he will need for 3rd grade.  He helped pick it out and he was the one who decided which font of letters he wanted and the placement of his name on his new Bible.  He was very excited about this purchase (as you can tell from the weirdly huge eyes).

This week has been hard on my emotions knowing that Owen is our last child and he began Kindergarten today.  I watched my last one walk into the building, hug his teacher, and sit in his class line. I never had these emotions when Will began K.  I think because in the back of my mind I always thought, "I still have Owen and K is still a long ways away."  Well, that day is here now and I'm not really sure how I feel about that.  I know there's no changing it so I will just continue to pray for my sanity when it comes time for high school graduations.  If these have been my feelings just this week I can NOT imagine what that day is gonna be like.  And leaving them at college? Don't get me started....


How they turn from those babies into 3rd and K? Time is not our friend. Nope, no way!

I was happy to snag a picture with Will and one of his best buddies, Gavin. These two boys met in Kindergarten and have been in school together ever since.  We have taken a picture with them every single year on the first day.  Hopefully this tradition will continue because that's pretty awesome!  

Happy first day of school boys.  I love you so much and am so thankful to be your Momma.  Go let your light shine this year!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment