Saturday, August 8, 2015

Greetings Wyoming (State #43)

It's worth repeating....Wyoming is wonderful with a capital W. WOW Wonderful.  Just WOW.  I can see now why two of my friends just recently packed up all their belongings and their families and moved to Jackson Wyoming.  It's that much of a WOW factor that pulled them there (and other reasons too).  I got to meet up with these lovely ladies while in Jackson and we sampled some local coffee and did some shopping.  That was fun just to spend some girl time together on this vacation.  

Jackson Hole is not to be missed if ever in this state. We splurged and paid the $85 for our family to ride the gondola up to the top of Rendezvous Mountain. This mountain is in the Grand Teton National Park and breathtaking.  It is at an elevation of over 10,000 feet and worth every penny of the tram ride. The only downside is that my ears were popping and as soon as we reached the summit of this mountain my head felt like it was about to explode from pressure.  I must have been the only odd one because no one else in my family seemed to have a problem with it.  I had a headache most of the rest of the day from pressure but it was worth it because this city is just that amazing. 

This was all in Jackson Hole, which come to find out is totally different than Jackson (the city).  Jackson the city is also quite special with all the shopping, the local vendors, Snow King mountain, rock climbing and parks, toy stores, coffee shops, and a town square filled with antler covered entries at every corner.  Could this town get any cuter?  I don't think so and this will be another city Steven and I would come back and visit in a heartbeat.  One downside to Jackson and Jackson Hole? Bring your money.  This place is PRICEY!!!!

Some highlights of this state:

The beauty (it's everywhere)
The people (all very friendly)
The weather (no need to continue to dwell on this)
The mountains (spectacular)
My friends were there (awesome to see)
The views (pretty much top notch no matter where you are in the city)
The shopping (FUN and locally owned one of a kind stores)
The state buffalo flags (I noticed them all over in this city!)











No comments:

Post a Comment