Tuesday, May 20, 2014

4's a Crowd

 I said our weekend was busy.  I wasn't lying.  We added two more children to the mix so that Angela and Joe could have a weekend together after his deployment.  I like kids, really I do; but I am SUPER thankful I only have 2 of them.  I give mad props to those families with more than 3 children.  Once you become outnumbered (as in adults) you feel like you are just on defense the whole time. On the flip side, I have to say the kids were all pretty awesome with minimal fighting and no tears from anyone the whole time.  No injuries, no broken or lost dolls or toys, no tackling, no dualing divas, and no tandrums.  Pretty good weekend in my book.

Norman was a hit this weekend.  He's always a hit with my boys but the girls TOTALLY enjoyed him this weekend too.  Ava was so great with him and totally in her "momma mode" all the time.  I never had to do anything with this dog for the whole weekend.  She fed him, watered him, played with him, took him out on potty breaks, crated him at night, gave him snuggles, and protected him from the little kids when he was worn out from playing.  This girls is going to be an amazing momma one day if Jesus hasn't returned yet!

Saturday night was church night so as soon as we got home it was time to take showers and baths and get in jammies for popcorn and a movie night.  Movie choice was "Dolphin Tale" and I think they went through 4 mini bags of popcorn!  Late night on that massive pallet as there was lots of talking, snickering, and laughing till about 11pm.

You know what happens when you don't go to sleep till 11pm and then wake up at 6:45am?  You fall asleep in the car after 3 minutes.  Complete with drool and snow boots (yes, he totally dressed himself).  He didn't care that it was 84 degrees outside.  The snow boots was where it was at!







No comments:

Post a Comment