Monday, October 31, 2011

80 Years with Papaw

Today, Halloween day, is my Papaw's 80th birthday. Yesterday, we all made the drive to Bartlesville to wish him a happy birthday. All the kids were there, most of the parents were there, and of course the birthday boy was there!

Angela brought the German Chocolate Cake. Mamaw made her famous apple pie. Needless to say...there were enough desserts. Yummy! I helped out by donating some money for Papaw to go on his next fishing trip to Canada. Angela bought him a nice warm jacket to replace the one he has worn for 40 years:

I took a second to take a picture with my Papaw in his favorite chair. Everyone knows this is "his chair". If he is being nice, or eating in the kitchen, you can sneak a few minutes in it. I can remember many a time when I would sit in his lap in this chair. All good memories. Please excuse my unusally looking large arm and tiny head. I don't think I really look like this. I think it is just the way I am positioned in the picture. I sure hope so, because I think I look a touch odd.

Many of Papaw's great grandchildren were there yesterday too. Not all of them, because he has more, but most of them were there. Even Charlie made an appearance. Charlie is my cousin Stephan's baby that now lives in OKC with her Momma, Kristina. Stephan is still deployed overseas with the US Marine Corps. Charlie, Owen, Will, Emma, and Ava attempted to take a picture with their Mamaw and Papaw. It went awesome as you can tell.....


Happy 80th birthday Papaw! I love you very much:)

No comments:

Post a Comment