Monday, May 16, 2011

A Very Full Weekend

Like most families to young kids, or any families really, the weekends are a busy time spent doing things in and out of the house, spending time with your loved ones, and catching up on some zzz's. What? That last one does NOT apply at this household, but I digress.....Here is a breakdown of our crazy fun weekend:

FRIDAY:
Not too much to do around the house so the boys decided to play a little Hide and Seek. Only problem? I didn't know we were playing! Oops. It was quiet. Too quiet. I had to go searching for them. It's never good when one, let alone, two of your boys are missing and quiet! I went looking in all the normal "Will Areas" (those are the places that Will always hides when I am looking for him). He found a new one this time! I couldn't find them anywhere. Then I heard little giggles. This is where I found them, curled up together, in a drawer of Owen's dresser. Yes, you heard me right. They were BOTH in one little cubby of his dresser!

Too much excitement for me for one day. Let's move on to the next day.

SATURDAY:
This day was spent doing yardwork, laying some new sod in the front yard, doing laundry, running errands, and spending time with Daddy. Daddy is so brilliant in building/doing things that I never think of. Yet another reason I am so very thankful to have a man around the house that remembers what it was like to be a little boy. Steven goes into the garage and comes in with cardboard boxes. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Don't worry about it" he says. That's never comforting. I leave the boys to their thing and come back to hear joyous shouts from Will's room. Welcome to "Fort Kueny" Steven says:

The "fort" is now a "castle" to Will. Way less manly, I think, but he is 4 1/2 and he decided that it was a castle and it is also now totally drawn on and decorated with Curious George stickers in and out. It's the special memories he is making with his Daddy that I care about the most, not the fact that his "fort" is now a "castle"!

Saturday continued with a birthday party at BounceU for a little friend of Will's here in the neighborhood. Will loves to bounce. LOVES IT! Owen doesn't care too much about it yet. All Owen was interested in were the sporting activities that BounceU had. Basketball and Air Tee Ball. I got a shot of the basketball player with his Daddy and a few of Will in action.


Please remember...you are never too little to eat some cake! Just look at those little feet dangling:) So sweet. He was all about the birthday cake. Shocker!

SUNDAY:
No weekend would be complete without some poker, right? My Dad has poker at his house about every 3 months or so. This Sunday was time for the big game. We all loaded up and heading to Nini and Pappy's house. The boys, of course, played in the dirt pile. The boys sat at the table and played some betting game with cards, Nini was outside the whole time tending to the boys, and I was inside cooking/cleaning/baking for the all the boys. Another shocker, I know! Most of the time Will was outside playing or in the dirt. There were times though that he just wanted to sit on his Daddy's lap and play/observe some poker (don't worry I dusted him off first). I snapped a shot of him with "Aunt Kasey" wearing Pappy's poker hat.

I don't know about you, but this picture makes me want to say "All in!" Hope everyone had a great weekend with their families too!

No comments:

Post a Comment