Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bass Pro Fishing Day

Boys. Boys will be boys. The best part about the whole day for Will was looking/touching/playing with the worms. The best part of the whole day for Owen was looking/touching/playing/eating the worms. Slimy, gross, gooey worms. I picked up the worms for Steven, handed them to him to put on as bait...that was my limit. That's where I draw the line. I WILL NOT bait the poor worms and watch them die. Too gross!

The boys had a great time though. I should say, Owen, had a great time with his new "Cars" fishing pole. I thought Will would enjoy it more but I think he smelled all the free popcorn and hotdogs being given away and all of a sudden his belly was hungry and he had to grab his Nini for her to take him away for some grub. Here is a shot of us all getting ready to go before Will left us:

I didn't actually get any shots of Will in action because he hardly ever was:) I got a super cute side view/profile view of my little one attempting to snag a fish. He tried hard. He really did. At times I had to hold back him throwing the whole pole in. Maybe that would have caught one faster??

Overall, the morning was a success. The only thing missing was catching a fish:) We were just about to call it a day and go finally feed our food starved kids when Daddy proudly shouted that he had one! These stinkin' little fish were eating our worms all morning but never staying on the line. Last try before we packed up and Daddy snagged one! The boys were super pumped (all three of them!).

No comments:

Post a Comment