Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Ringing Box




I love to be right. What can I say? Maybe it is part of being a woman? Maybe it is part of being human? I love to be right.

Case in point...last night during our little family of 4's Christmas celebration. Right in the middle of opening presents the phone rings. Steven answers it. He puts the phone on the floor (he said table). Not correct.

Later on in the night I realize I hadn't heard the phone ring all night. Strange. I thought back to where I had last seen it. On the floor during the craziness of opening presents. Steven picked up all the wrapping paper when it was all said and done and placed all the trash (and now we know phone) in a big box and put it outside at the curb. It was trash night.

I told Steven, after we had paged the phone for quite awhile with no sound coming from ANYWHERE in the house, that maybe, just maybe he threw it away by accident. Of course not! Why would he do that? He didn't do that? He put the phone on the table, right? Wrong! After more nagging on my part he finally decided to go grab the box by the curb just to prove me wrong. It wasn't in there!

I pushed the pager button one more time and LOW AND BEHOLD the box started to ring!!!!

Have I mentioned I love being right?? I love being right!

No comments:

Post a Comment