Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Man and His Tools



Never mess with a man's tools. Or his car. What is it with tools? I don't get it and probably never will seeing as how I am female. I live with all males though (I know, poor me!) and all I see all day over and over is how different God made male and female. Case in point....Steven is working on laying tile on our kitchen and dining room floors. Of course, the boys find it their duties in life to help Daddy while he is doing any sort of project. This one is right up their alley because it is inside, out of the cold, not too loud, and right in the path of their favorite place in the house...the pantry. Tonight the grout spinner/mixer thing came out. Don't even ask me what it is really called because I wouldn't be able to tell you if my life depended on it. The boys knew what was up though. They saw a cool tool. They saw fantasy. They saw complete concentration on something totally male. They didn't notice me. They didn't notice food. They didn't notice their blocked pantry door. All they saw and focused on was this tool.


I know I am their Mom and I am supposed to love all thing and think everything they do is cute, but come on? Who doesn't think this is the funniest thing ever? Owen even went as far as touching the spinning metal thing. Daddy didn't stop him so I assumed that was okay with this tool. I guess I should learn more about male things just in case Daddy isn't watching so closely one day.

Every male gets tired though in his quest for home project completion. Once you get tired just pull up your Cars chair and take a load off. Steven accomplishes this with a beer and pretzel after long nights of laying tile. My other two little males just crash with something on a lighter scale like maybe a sippy cup of milk or a bottle. Gotta love them!

1 comment:

  1. This story and picture made me laugh so hard this morning that I spewed by breakfast. Great word picture, and an incredible photo. Note to Daddy though . . . a spinning grout paddle is NOT something that Owen should be touching . . .

    ReplyDelete