Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kentucky







Hello Kentucky! Hello Snow! Hello 9 Degrees! Hello ANDREA and FAMILY:) I had so much fun while I was there. Thank you to my friend of 20 years, Andrea Corbett, for buying me a ticket and flying me to see her and spend some quality time together. We had a blast! This day we decided to go cut down the Christmas tree. Never mind that it was snowing and bitterly cold that day:) I mean b.i.t.t.e.r. I made a joke that it was the fastest tree buying experience I had ever had. It really wasn't a joke. 10 minutes give or take and her hubby had that thing picked out and purchased and we were out of there! I had to stop and snap a shot of me with my version of the Charlie Brown Tree. I thought it was too cute to not have a picture with him. I also got one of Andrea with her two little ones, Gavin and Sabrina.

We did a lot of things those few days, had many conversations about the past, and some about the future. I am always amazed at what this woman can do. She runs a company, runs a home, and still maintains a great positive outlook about everything even in the face of extreme stress. I am so proud of her and and so thankful that we can call ourselves lifelong (20 years) friends. Thank you, Andrea, for the trip to Kentucky. I am so truly blessed to have you in my life!

1 comment:

  1. J,

    Your words are more than too kind. But thanks for the encouragement :)

    I was amazed at how incredibly fun and spectacular, restful and busy, and serious and funny the whole weekend was. Totally worth it! See you soon. I have to!

    Love,
    A.

    ReplyDelete