Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vancouver-Part 1 of Vacation Blogging


Welcome to Vancouver! Beautiful place of the world, I must say! I loved all the flowers, mountains, nice people, and weather. I thought both places we went (and Seattle) were pretty, but Vancouver was a special kind of pretty. This sign was pretty hiliarious we thought! Shouldn't all places in the world strive to be "a nuclear weapons free zone?" That's what Steven and I thought!

We began our vacation in serene Vancouver. Here is a shot from the top of Grouse Mountain. This was one of the places that several events took place during the Olympics back in February. It was cool to get to see where so many historic things took place. Grouse Mountain was gorgeous and took a lot of hiking to get up (even with riding trams!). Once you got to the top you had the awesome view of the rest of Vancouver nestled in Elliott Bay/part of Pugent Sound.

While on Grouse Mountain we attended the world famous Lumber Jack Show. It was very funny and had some awesome stunts done by both of the Lumber Jack's. Wouldn't you know it, out of about 300 people I was the one picked to come down and help Mr. Jack do a stunt. Ooohh, how I loved this...NOT! Me and my Jack won though, so I guess it was worth it:)


The next day in Vancouver we went to Capilano Suspension Bridge. Many people I know would not even begin to attempt to cross this bridge. Over 200 feet suspended in the air and this bridge is NOT still. I was holding onto the railings the entire time so that I wouldn't fall on the bridge and embarrass myself. Swaying back and forth the entire time! If people would jump on it a person that worked there would get on the monitors and remind everyone NOT to jump on the suspension bridge. I did not need that warning. I crossed and all was good, and then you realize that you have to come back one more time to get back to your car. Oops! Seriously though, we enjoyed the bridge and the wonderful views from the top and sides of the mountain. Flowers everywhere as you will see!


Vancouver, really Capilano, had some of the tallest and most impressive trees Steven and I had ever seen. We took a photo of them standing at the base of one of these trees. The picture doesn't do the tree much justice because they are just so massive in person.



Steven and I enjoyed Vancouver a ton and it made me want to go visit Montreal and Quebec next time we frequent Canada. Never been there, but have always heard fantastic things about these places. Next up...Seattle. (Whenever I get around to blogging about part 2 of our vaca)!

1 comment:

  1. As a Vancouverite who came across your blog by accident, I enjoyed reading it and glad you had such a great time in our city.

    ReplyDelete