Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Seattle-Vacation Part 3

Seattle continued (with the chily 57 degrees and rain) the last part of our trip. We had to find something to do that was remotely inside on one day because it rained the WHOLE day and was pretty cool outside. We opted for the Underground Tour. I had heard about it but didn't think it was something either of us would like. I was wrong! We actually enjoyed it a lot and the tour was mostly "underground" just like the trip promised! I thought this sign was funny behind me! We learned on the tour that at the time when most of Seattle was built at sea level (it flooded all the time of course) and had to be moved up about 8 feet over time. Anyways, when the city was originally lower all of the original signs on storefronts at that time were legally made to stay put. I thought it was interesting to see a sign that said hotel rooms were only .75 cents a night:) Good price!

Steven and I also visited the world famous Pikes Place Market. This market is huge and had the most beautiful, gorgeous, fantabulous fresh flowers I have ever seen in my life! Steven would have ZERO excuse for not getting me flowers if we lived in this city. The things were gigantic and all around $5-15 a bouquet. Amazing! We had fun at the market but since we didn't live there you really couldn't buy any fresh foods if you had no way of actually cooking them:( We did visit the first Starbucks (which are about every 3 blocks in Seattle and Vancouver)....this is really no lie! I didn't even get anything to drink because I was actually pretty sick of coffee by this point.


The last day of our vacation to Seattle we decided to go on a little road trip to Snoqualmie, WA. We had seen something about this city in one of the brochures. It was only about 45 minutes from Seattle and boasted a 270 foot waterfall. We got there too early and the waterfall wasn't even that visible because the water from the fall hitting the water below creates this huge wall of (you guessed it...water!) The sun had to come out and burn off some of this extra water vapor for us to even be able to see the fall. We went to tour the town for a few hours and do some shopping (I did way too much of this on my trip!). Once we returned the waterfall was much more visible with a pretty waterfall that lies continually in the canyon! The entire area by the fall there is a light dusting of water the WHOLE time. It feels like you are getting misted on and the cars were always wet every time we saw one. I thought that was funny!


This now concludes our vacation to Seattle and Vancouver. I hope everyone enjoyed my posts about our trip! Thank you, again, to both Grandma's for watching the boys for us! They were such a blessing and without them we wouldn't have been able to go. Sorry, but I am not taking a 1 and a 4 year old on a week's trip across the country. I am NOT that brave:) Happy 10 year anniversary to my wonderful hubby which was the reason for this trip to begin with! I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment