Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Getaway



Steven and I went to Oklahoma City this weekend for a little getaway. I know, many of you might be thinking "OKC...what is there to do there?" Well, actually downtown bricktown area is pretty hopping! We really couldn't believe it! There were a ton of people there, Redhawks games both nights, the riverwalk was packed, boats jamming, horse rides going all night, lots of music, loud cars, and weird people everywhere! This bricktown water tank was our lovely view from the rooftop of Chelino's. We had to eat there! Not only is it our favorite mexican eating establishment, but it is the first place we ever ate as Man and Wife! Here is a pic we took after we had dined on some mucho bueno mexican!


On Saturday night we were walking around bricktown and saw this ad for the OKC Zoo. They had all these animals you could stand inside and take a picture of. This is when I decided that Steven had to be a centipede! I was laughing so hard I could hardly take the picture. His turned out better than mine did. I was some sort of bird, but the wind was blowing so hard, my pic did not turn out as well!

Saturday we also went to Guthrie. I had read in a hotel information book about different cities in Oklahoma. Of course, living in OK the majority of my life I had gone to most of these places. Guthrie was a place I had always heard about but never actually gone. Steven and I enjoy to go antique shopping but that is something that is extremely hard to do with little ones. They do not understand the fun of walking around booth after booth filled with old treasures. All Will would want to do is get down and run and then I would have to be purchasing all the old things that were now broken thanks to my 3 1/2 year old! We had a lot of fun in Guthrie, enjoyed the old town feel, and walked away with a porch treasure. I wanted to find something to help spruce up my front porch. I found this tricycle that also doubled as a plant stand. Only $10! I was so stoked! Last night I planted some English Ivy in it so that, overtime, it will grow and hang out of the pot and look fantastic! Here are some pics of my new porch!


Steven and I had a great time together and being able to getaway, if only for a few days! Thank you much to our wonderful parents, Nana and Poppa, Nini and Pappy for watching Will and Owen. We love you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. The tricycle is just too cute. Has Will tried to ride it yet?

    ReplyDelete