Friday, June 5, 2009

Austin Trip Day 1

We left Wednesday and went down to my parents in Norman. We stayed the night there and within 5 minutes of being there Eli, my nephew, had Will out of the car and playing ball in the front yard. We got up Thursday morning and left for Austin around 8:30. Will had just woken up because he stayed up till 10:30 pm the night before.

On our drive down there Jackie made a new friend.....not really! I'm driving and this trucker (about 350 lbs. and that's being nice) pulls up next to our car and starts honking at us, hanging out his window and wagging his tongue at Jackie. He almost runs into the truck in front of him trying to stay up with us. So thinking back to the movie "Joyride" I had just saw where a trucker harassed some other kids in the movie, I decided to speed up and get away from this guy. Anyone that doesn't think a semi can do 85 mph, it can. I was doing 90 mph and this guy was doing everything in his power to keep up with us. I eventually was able to weave around several cars and lose him, but what a weirdo.


We got to our Bed & Breakfast (picture below) and settled in. We ate at PF Chang's Thursday night and drove around the Texas campus a little. I didn't think of it then but I should have put my OU window flag on while we were driving around. At breakfast this morning we had chocolate chip/banana pancakes, granola cereal with fresh blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries, and some Texas style eggs. It was all delicious. So far it's been a great trip.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous but I am happy that you all are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete