Tuesday, January 20, 2015

We Didn't Escape

The dreaded time of the year has hit with cold and flu season.  I have to say, overall, we have all been very healthy this Winter.  We have been taking our Juice Plus regularly, I cook healthy clean foods, we drink a lot of water, get exercise, and take full advantage of NOT hanging around when we know people or families are sick.  Owen wasn't able to escape the end of cold and flu season.  Poor guy but he is SUCH a trooper.  Smiles through it all:)  You can even see him smiling under that neubulizer mask.  Such a sweet boy.  It was a 3am wake up call this morning for him (so that means me too) due to coughing and needing a breathing treatment.  The child was wide awake and bushy tailed  until 1pm when he closed those eyes for 55 minutes.  Yep, that's all he needed. 


I would much rather see Owen up and around and happy.  He loves to play and be loud and these last few days he has been quite subdued.  Not to say I haven't enjoyed the silence but no parent likes to see their child in pain.  Healing is right around the corner.  Hopefully tomorrow means school again! School again means I can hang out again with my friends without feeling guilty about leaving my sick baby at home with Daddy and Will.  I did leave the house once this weekend to celebrate my good friend Melinda and her birthday.  Melinda is always a good reason to leave the house!  Happy birthday Melinda!

No comments:

Post a Comment