Sunday, January 18, 2015

Garth Brooks and Bigfoot?

We had the opportunity this last week to attend our first ever Garth Brooks concert.  Wow!  He's pretty amazing and even if you're not a country fan you can't help but be in shock and awe at his ability to transform a crowd of tens of thousands.  He is 52 years old and jumped and danced around like a teenager for almost 3 hours.  7 shows in a row.  I don't know how he does it.  He is probably the best performer that Steven and I have ever seen.  Hands down.  

So, quite UNSURPRISINGLY, another one of Steven's best memories from this last week was seeing Bigfoot.  Or, I am to mean, a Bigfoot statue.  It was just sitting proudly at some landscaping/hardware store in the city of Collinsville, OK.  Steven, OF COURSE, made a stop and took time out of his busy day to take a photo of him and Bigfoot.  What was the first thing he did once he took the picture?  He texted it to me.  Like I would get all excited about it and thrilled for him because he found a hunk of metal in a Bigfoot shape.  Oh, this boy cracks me up.  Okay honey, here ya go..."Oh my Gosh! You found Bigfoot!  OMG, I can't contain my excitement!  Holy Moly, we are gonna get rich and famous!"  I think that was more the text he expected to receive back.  Instead he got back something like this..."Awesome.  What time are you gonna be home?  We need to leave at 5:00 for Garth."  


Hope everyone had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment