Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zoo Field Trip

 Today Steven and I were able to take off work and go with Will on his field trip to the Zoo.  He had another field trip to the fire station earlier in the year that I wasn't able to go to with him, so I was extra happy that I got to go with him (and 25 other classmates) on their last field trip as Kindergartener's.  Along with about 2,000 other students there around the Tulsa area.  No joke, I heard a Zoo employee say there were about 2,000 kids on a field trip today.  Geez!

Will had a great time with his little group of 5.  They hung out all day, rode with each other on the bus, fell asleep by each other on the bus on the way back to school, and wore each other out all morning and afternoon!

My favorite shot of the day (I didn't get too many because my phone died) was one I snapped while the kids were looking at the sea lions.  Maybe they were seals.  I can't remember.  The dumb thing wouldn't ever swim by the class at the same time as all 5 kids were standing there so I just took the best shot I could once all the kids were still enough to take a picture.  I thought it turned out way cool.  I love it! The funny thing is is that they are all standing on a ledge near the glass but all of the ledge was the same amount tall.  You can see where Will fits in with his tallness.  Super tall.  I just crack up because Steven is 6'1 (not short but not super tall) and I am only 5'4.  Both my boys tower over ALMOST everyone in their classes. 

We had such a good day today and now Will is passed smooth out on the couch even with Owen running around being a T Rex.  Not waking him up one bit.  Hope everyone had a fantastic Thursday!  




No comments:

Post a Comment