Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Muffins with Mom

 This morning I had the opportunity to go to Will's class for a Muffins with Mom/Happy Mother's Day celebration.  I love times like this and it is in these moments that I am so very thankful I don't have a full time job away from home so that I don't have to stress over missing work, getting to his school on time, or sending someone in my place.  I needed to be there.  He needed me there.  I was and am so blessed to be able to attend such a special event with him.  

He has been working on (for weeks) a book and a picture to give to me this morning.  I laughed out loud when I read the first adjective he used to describe his Momma.  Oh yes Will...you got that one right.  I am CLUMSY!  Hilarious:)

I also really liked that the first thing he thought about me when asked what I liked to do was "run".  It is not actually my favorite thing to do but when I realize that I am making an impact on him and his thinking and he sees me exercising and being active that means something to me.  I am glad he can see me "try" to be a role model in his life for fitness.  Apparently, I am also (at only 5'4) as tall as a car.  So funny!

Thank you Jesus for this days with my boys.  I will cherish them forever!  




No comments:

Post a Comment