Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mom's Day Present

When Steven asked me what I wanted this year for Mother's Day I responded very quickly.  Lucky for him (enter scarcasm here) I picked something very labor intensive.  We have talked about doing this for years but have never actually done it.  He spends most of his time making OTHER people's landscaping dreams come true and rarely has time to work on ours.  It was never actually horrible to begin with but we had no borders to speak of and a very skinny bed.  I was only able to plant two rows of plants and flowers and the grass would continually grow into our beds. 

NOT ANYMORE!  I now have room to plant three layers of plants and flowers and a beautiful stone mortared flower border and tree border.  It took about 12 hours from start to finish with 10 bags of dirt, 2 bags of concrete, TONS of rock, and 8 bags of mulch.  The finished product is something I can brag about and not be ashamed to say that we "own a landscaping company"!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day just like I did.  I hope everyone was treated like the Queen that they are and got to enjoy their families and be together as the Momma as the family was praised.  

Happy Mother's Day to all my Momma's and Momma friends.  I love you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment