Friday, May 10, 2013

Rooster Days 2013

 I was very proud of Will tonight who ran his 2nd One Mile run with me.  His first one was last year when he ran the Zoo Run with me.  I love that he is interested in running just because I am. love that he tries, even when he is tired, and never gives up.  There were a few times when he had to stop and walk to catch his breath.  He never stopped moving though.  He never gave up.  He kept pushing on to get to that finish line. I love that about him!  

Some of his motivation came from the fact that his best buddy Mason was in front of him.  They started out together but Mason was a little faster and never quit running.  Will knew he was in front of him and he didn't like it.  He started to run quicker and quicker as we got closer to the finish line.  

He finished with a time of 11:05.  I think he actually could have finished around 10 minutes if not for the few stops.  11 minutes for a 6 year old is pretty darn good though and I let him know it.  He was one proud boy! 

All Owen cared about the whole day today was meeting Adam Cash.  He is the TTCU mascot.  He is always on the radio and TV and Owen was pumped to see him.  He waited at the finish line (not for Will and I) but for Adam Cash.  He literally talked about him ALL day.  I was so thankful Adam was actually there at Rooster Days otherwise there would have been one very sad 3 year old in the Kueny household tonight.  

Hope everyone has an excellent weekend with their families!  



No comments:

Post a Comment