Thursday, August 25, 2011

Will's First School Experience




The day has come. My little one has started PreK. I didn't know how I would feel about this day, but now that it is here I am mostly happy and excited for him, and not sad. I am a slight bit sad though because it is a daily reminder as I pack his backpack what a big boy he is turning into. It also makes me feel old. I have a child in Elementary School. Yikes!

Tuesday night was Meet Your Teacher night. Will's teacher is Mrs. Snow (or as Will says "Mrs. No"). He loved the classroom right away with all the cool puzzles, pictures to draw, play kitchen, and a computer. You would think he didn't even care if I left him right then! The boy hates pictures though, as evidence in this picture with his best buddy Mason. They are in the same class this year. Yeah!

Thursday morning was the big day. Wake up early, get all dressed up, eat a breakfast (he ate 1/2 a granola bar!), and go to school. Since there is no snack time at school I wanted him to eat more but he wanted to keep his gut flat for the ladies:) No tears for Will. He walked right in, started playing, and barely said bye to me. That's how I wanted it though. No crying, no fear, and no missing me! Hopefully the rest of the 9 months will go the same way! Here are the run of the mill first day of school snapshots!


Notice Owen chowing down on his morning granola bar in the background. Just fyi...he DID NOT leave one bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment