Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Weekend with the Girls

Hello trip! Hello weekend away! I have been waiting for you since my last weekend trip away with just the girls. Let's see...that was at least 5 years ago and maybe longer. Too long. Too long, my friend. I set out bright and early on Friday morning, flew to Dallas, and my long time friend picked me up to start our weekend together. We have been friends for more than half my life. That makes me feel old, and I am sure her too:) We are only 32 but have been friends for over 20 years. That is crazy for a friendship in this day and age. It's not always been easy, it's been long distance for at least half of those 20 years, we have 4 kids between us, 2 hubbies, and 2 jobs PLUS full time Mom's! You work at the things that are important to you, and Andrea is important to me dearly!

Friday night started out with a bang or a flame (hehe) since we went to Hoshi. Hibaji style Japanese food??? Yes please! Seriously though, the flame got a little too close for my liking when Mr. Miagy decided to do his joke about fire. Not funny dude. Not funny. The food was delicious though and I could not beat the company, so no more complaining. Here we are on our first night out:
32? I think not! Let's try 22. Yes, we only look about 22, right? That makes me feel better to think that way. We crammed shopping at the Galleria, a movie, lunches without screaming kids, and relaxation all in the first 24 hour time frame. It was bliss!

Saturday night we went out to dinner with another great friend from the past. I can't believe we forgot to take a snapshot of the occasion. We each had cameras/phones/video cameras and still EACH one of us didn't get a picture to mark the occasion! Shame on all of us. To hang out and just remember and talk about the past, present, and future with Ashly and Andrea was heaven. I wish I could do it every weekend, so when it does get to happen it just makes that time all the more important. You can't have an important night without a killer hairstyle though! Since I have been working so hard on growing my hair out over the last decade (that's an exageration, but not by much) I had Andrea work some of her magic on it. This was the finished product for our night out.....
Besides seeing 2 great friends there was a point to actually meeting in Dallas. Andrea has begun her own kids clothing line over the past year. I couldn't be more proud of her and her accomplishments. Never would she have thought she would be doing something like this, but here she is designing/creating/selling/marketing her own children's clothing line! Amazing! She had a room this year at the Dallas Fashion Market. We stopped in on Saturday to see how her line was doing. Of course, it was selling great guns! Take a look at her website and check it out if you haven't already. We had a great time. The boys had a wonderful time with Daddy at Nana and Poppa's house. It was like a mini vacation for them. I think that means we should do it again more often (like before another 5-7 years!)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we look HOT. Thanks for adding many more memories to our treasure trove! And thanks for your supportive words :')

    ReplyDelete