Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Owen!



Happy birthday to my "little man" Owen. He turned 2 a couple of weeks ago and yesterday we were finally able to celebrate his big day with all of his friends and family.

I threw a jungle/safari themed birthday party for him. He loves animals over all things (other than playing ball). We hired Safari Joe to come out and give an animal presentation, let the kids see and touch the animals, and scare the adults to high heaven. It was awesome! Some of the adults, who shall remain nameless, actually went and hide in the pantry when the spiders or snakes came out. The only time I didn't actually like the animal was when the hissing cockroaches came out. My only fear was one wouldn't make it back into his cage and I would be searching for it all night only to find it on my pillow. Urgghh!


The giant tortoise received lots of ahhh's and ohhh's when it came out. The kids enjoyed touching him and petting his shell. Of course, another big hit was the snakes. I don't like snacks. I won't lie. They gross me out. The slither and stick out that nasty tongue all the time. Yuck. The kids loved them though. Or let me clarify, the boys loved them (and Sophie Roberts). The boys and Sophie were pretty much not afraid of anything. Let me prove my point...my boy who doesn't even like bugs and gets freaked out by wasps...here he is:

And the man who will scream like a girl and run in terror when he sees a spider...here he is:

I love how Owen is just casually pointing to this weird "thing" around Daddy's neck. Owen didn't really want to be a part of the snake experience, but was more than willing to be held and look closely when Daddy volunteered. He didn't care too much about the snakes until this bad boy came out. Once this python snake entered the room Owen wigged out and was not the same the whole night. Can you blame the poor boy?

All in all it was a fantastic night. 110 degrees outside, 35 people in my house, the AC cranked down to 68 but the house only running at 77 because it couldn't keep up....a sweaty mom, a destroyed house, toys and paper everywhere, and crying kids. It's all worth it in the end though. Owen and every other child had a great time and I think it will be a party to remember:) Happy birthday to my Owen Michael Kueny! Momma loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment