Monday, February 21, 2011

Murder Mystery Weekend


Here we are....Dr.Wallis Paine and Forrest Lawne. Nice, huh? The Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, OK is known for being a huge 4 story house, hosting murder mystery weekends, and being HAUNTED. Nice! Seeing as how we have already lived in a haunted house once that didn't really bother me. I didn't see any little girls running around or sneaking in my room in the middle of the night to braid my hair. (These both happen all the time at the Stone Lion). We did get to tour the basement and the 3rd floor (which the owner won't even go into due to all the personal experiences she has had up there!). Spooky stuff! We had a lot of fun though and enjoyed playing our parts of the doctor and the lawyer. Denise was a secretary:

A very British and personable secretary at that. Everyone thought she worked there since her acting ability was so excellent:) There was also Rachel and Charles. Rachel played two people throughout the night since one of the main characters never showed up. Weird because she was actually the victim for the night and was accused of being the murderer also. Strange? Her hubby, Charles, was a silent and deeply religious chemist. We all thought this was funny because he really is a chemist in real life!


After the mystery was over and Rachel killed herself (basically) we all posed together as a family for a portrait. You are looking at Steven the family lawyer, Jackie the family doctor, Bob the Russian Father Bussard, Denise as the secretary Margaret Thatcher, Charles the chemist and cousin of Rachel, and Rachel as Viska/Pipka! Quite the group:)

Before the mystery Rachel and I noticed that Steven and I's room had a vast collection of dreadfully ugly sweaters. We were curious! Who wouldn't be? These things were horrible. Think Bill Cosby on crack! Of course, we had to try some on and model to allow everyone at home to see how terribly bad they really were!

Note my awesome duck sweater! I believe it is circa 1986. Rachel and I were able to convince all the family to try on a nice sweater after the mystery ended. I don't believe I have EVER laughed as hard as I did when I watched my sweet husband attempt to put on his sweater. I purposely gave him on of the smallest ones in the bunch because I wanted to see if he could do it. I seriously fell to the floor laughing. Tears were pouring out of Rachel and I's eyes:) Here is the family sweater pic:

Overall, everyone had a nice time. Neither Steven or I had any ghostly experiences, and that was fine with us. Maybe next time???? Boo Hoo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. That truly is THE worst sweater collection I've ever seen. No contest.

    ReplyDelete