Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Military Ball 2010


This past weekend Steven and I got to attend the 2010 Military Ball in Oklahoma City. We went with my sister and her hubby who is currently in the Air National Guard Reserves here in Tulsa. We had so much fun. I haven't really gotten dolled up since our wedding/honeymoon. It felt good to get my hair done, get a tan, actually paint my toenails for a reason, and have a night out on the town with my gorgeous hubby!
Here is a picture of all four of us. Joe (my brother in law) was the President of the National Guard Association. He was the big wig for the night. There were over 600 people there and a bizillion tables and we were seated at the VERY FRONT, on camera, and 5 feet from Governor Henry and his wife. That was pretty cool. Here is a pic of Steven and I at our table:


My sister looked smashing in her zebra print dress and red accessories. She got me to actually wear 16 hour dyed on lipcolor in hooker red. That was not actually the name of the color, but that is what we called it. Needless to say...the next morning even after I had washed my face and brushed my teeth twice, I was still getting fire engine red residue on the hotels white handtowels. Oops, my bad.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite blog yet:)
    I loved that you called me smashing!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hooker Red" Hahah! I could not stop laughing when Angela told me that was what you called it! I tried to give fair warning though that unless you have the recommended kind of make-up remover for it that it is a pain to get off! Literally, a pain... sometimes I have to scrub and scrub! Haha, it's worth it though since it isn't an everyday thing. I'm glad you had a good time! The military balls are really the only times I get to get dolled up too so I definitely look forward to them all year! :P You both looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete