Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ribs, Ribs, Ribs

So the title sounds like something you would see on a BBQ menu. I made some pork spare ribs last night and I'm not ashamed to say that they were bad to the bone (that mean's they were super good). I smoked them on my gas grill. Huh? Yep, gas. I seared them first about 5 minutes on each side then set them up in a rib rack. I put a bowl of water in there and about 4 big wood chunks. I turned the gas to about slow-medium on the side the ribs weren't on and they caught the wood chunks on fire. Once the wood chunks caught on fire I blew them out and let the smoke fill up the grill. End result, the meat was falling off the bone. Put a little Dink's on them and it made them that much better. For everyone that doesn't know what Dink's is, it is the best BBQ joint in Oklahoma hands down. It's in Bartlesville. Sorry, I know I was going to do a one sentence post but the ribs deserved much more praise than one sentence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment