Monday, May 16, 2016

Sunny and 105

 If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, or have known me throughout my life, you know that I am a SUMMER gal.  I love everything about summer: freedom, late nights, crickets chirping, fireflies lighting up the night sky, weekend trips, no bedtimes, pools, beaches, SUN, watermelon.  My list could extend for paragraphs!  

When Steven told me he needed to go to Phoenix for a training/learning course on pools and equipment, my first thought was not about the course.  It was the sun:)  Phoenix?  Okay, let me organize childcare and see if I can make that happen!  Childcare isn't quite as easy as you might think when I needed someone at my house by 4:30am on a Friday.  Thankfully, I had my mom and a sitter step up to the plate and help me out and off I went on Friday (Steven was gone 2 days longer than me but I couldn't pull that off with the kids).

Tanya and I arrived on Friday and it was 105 that day.  Everyone else was sweaty, uncomfortable, and not really enjoying the "Africa heat" as Olen called it.  Tanya liked it too but I don't know if anyone was soaking it up like me.  I just turned my face to the sun and inhaled:)  I was in a desert heaven.  

Our trip consisted of work things (for sure) but even those were fun because I was able to learn more things about pools and design and install that I never knew before.  More than that, I took some great pictures of some spectacular pools that I would love for Chris and Steven to design and build in our new backyard that will actually be large enough to house a pool.  Come one, come all next summer to our pool!!

Our trip was great and I enjoyed spending a quick 48 hours kid free with my hubby, cousin, and friends who are like family. 

Kasey made the 2 hour drive up from Tucson and spent most all day with us on Saturday.  I always love to see her and spend time together with my cousin whom I don't get to see nearly as often anymore thanks to her moving to desert land.  She was a trooper and arose at 4am yesterday to take Tanya and I back to the airport.  That's love, right?!  

Let me just tell you that two different 4am wake up calls in 48 hours, with super full days and really late nights do not mix well AT ALLLLL for this old woman.  I am still not caught up on sleep and feel like I'm dragging but wouldn't change it for the world.  Thankful!







No comments:

Post a Comment