Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day Tea

The day had finally come!  Owen had been awaiting Thursday for over a week now.  He was counting the days.  He was so extremely excited to have Mother's Day Tea with me at his school.  He's NOT very good with keeping secrets (he's terrible at it actually) so he was dyyiinnnggg to tell someone about it.  I noticed the other night at Will's baseball game that he was blabbing away to his Nini (my mom).  He was telling her every single detail about Mother's Day Tea.  I guess he told her step by step what was going to occur from the time he pulled my chair out for me to sit in, from the food, songs, and picture opportunities.  He was stoked!

The room was set up so cute with fun little backdrops and props for the kids to use while taking photos.  Of course, Owen and I snapped some pictures but he also wanted some with his two best buddies, Jack and Kirsten.  Owen wanted to take a picture more so for the hats, flowers, glasses, and mustaches that were part of the props.

They all sang a cute little song, served us our food, and got dressed up in their "Sunday Best" for the tea.  They all stood up and introduced their moms to the class and told them why their mom was special.  Owen said, "This is my mom, Jackie.  She is special because she's so pretty." Yep, I teared up.  We all did for every mom.  It was very special and something I will always remember.  

On this day, I also received Owen's graduation gown (the longest in the whole class) so this day was touching all my hidden Momma places that just make you want to sit down and have a good bawl fest.

They just grow up soooo quickly.  It's tough on these Momma hearts but so worth it.  I enjoyed Thursday very much and it's something I will always remember.






No comments:

Post a Comment