Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Will's Modeling Shoot

 A few weeks back Will had the opportunity to be involved in a photo shoot for my friends children's clothing line, A La Modish.  She mostly focuses on girl clothes and accessories but does have a few pieces for boys to wear as well.  She asked if Will would be interested in shooting for the 5/6 size.  "Um, Yes", I thought.  Finally, I just asked Will if he would want to do it.  I honestly didn't know if he would.  He is opposite Owen in every way and normally does not like anyone focused on him or talking about him or demanding his attention.  I knew in this shoot he would have people doing just that to him for 3 plus hours.  He said he would to it and wanted to do it.  That might have had something to do with me saying he could have a special treat at the end.  He chose Starbucks.  Yes, he is my child:)  

He did really well and handled the stress of a photo shoot for close to 3 hours.  He only started to break when I stepped on his hand while he was on the floor playing.  Then, the fun factor of dressing up and posing for the camera was over.  

I see a lot of me in Will.  I see "some" of me in Owen.  I see a lot of my dad in Owen and I see a lot and I mean A LOT of Steven in Will.  Will has my eyes (shape and color) and my nose.  He has a lot of prominent Kueny features on his face.  Hairline, eyebrows, mouth and expressions.  When I see this picture below all I can think about is Steven Kueny but in a 6 year old body.  This MUST have been a lot how he looked at that age:)  Adorable! 




 And now for my favorite two.  Amber Snead Photography did an amazing job with all these pictures and of all the children in the shoot.  I have to say, though, these two are my favorites.  They are my favorites each because they have a story behind them.  The first is because if you know Will you know his favorite color.  He was a little nervous about the pink shirt (for obvious) reasons but was thrilled when he saw the bowtie.  "Yes" he said, "Now, I don't look like a girl!"  One of Will's classic smiles is what he call "the smirk".  He is sort of doing it here in this shot but I love his eyebrow expression in this one.  It's like he's saying, "I know I have to wear this pink shirt, but I won because it came with a cool blue tie and blue is my favorite and I am going to rock this picture even though I am wearing a pink shirt."  Anyways, that's what I think he is thinking in this shot:)

My second favorite is just because I think he looks plain sweet in the picture.  Most times Will doesn't smile huge but when I asked him why he was smiling bigger in this picture than any other picture this was his response: "Because I liked the hairy vest!"  Simple 6 year old reason.

Thank you Andrea and Amber for giving Will and I this opportunity.  I will cherish these pictures forever! 








No comments:

Post a Comment