Tuesday, March 12, 2013

April 19, 1995

 This April 28th I will take part in something that is very near and dear to my heart.  For two reasons...1.  I love and have enjoyed getting to know all of these girls I do Bootcamp with three days a week.  2.  I remember April 19, 1995 when I was a Sophomore in high school.  I remember being in school and walking to my second hour class.  I remember feeling what I thought was a small earthquake.  I remember walking back to class and the teachers had already turned on the tv's to see what had just happened to our city just 15 miles away.  My heart broke for all the families and children that were lost.  I run for those people on April 28th.



On April 28th of this year (10 days after I turn 34 mind you), I will take part in the OKC Memorial Marathon Relay with 9 other partners.  There are 2 teams going from my Bootcamp group.  Each team is 5 people.  Each person has a different leg amount they will need to complete and run in order for us to reach our 26.2 mile goal. My leg is a 10k (which is 6.2 miles).  

This morning I began my training to run 6.2 miles without stopping.  Some people might be able to do that with no training.  I am not one of those people.  Even when I run a 5k race, I find that I still have to work up to it a few weeks in advance.  Do I enjoy running?  Not all together no.  I do enjoy the feeling of accomplishing something that not many people can say they have done in life.  One day, if my body allows, I would like to finish a full 26.2 by myself.  This year my goals are different.  To help you keep me accountable, here are my physical goals for 2013.

1. Run the 10k leg of the OKC Marathon in under 55 minutes.
2. Run the 15k leg of the Tulsa Run in under 1 1/2 hours.
3. Run the Half Marathon at the Route 66 Marathon in under 2 hours.


     







No comments:

Post a Comment