Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break


This spring break we didn't go anywhere out of town.  That's actually really hard to do and pretty much impossible this time of year with our business.  I did try to find something fun and entertaining for the boys and I to do each and every day.  They had several play dates, lunches out, and trips to exciting places.  I am glad they had a good time.  They were worn out by the end of each day but that is how it should be:)  

Monday the boys and I went to the library (what a blast)....and then headed to my parents house for our normal Monday night dinner.  4 months out of the year every Monday we head over there since Steven is gone all day with work and then bowling.  The boys had fun playing outside since it was such a gorgeous day.  Will and I got to work on his baseball skills and we got a yummy dinner to boot.  It was a win win!

Tuesday we headed to the Y to do some swimming with Will's good buddy from school, Gavin.  They had a blast and it was fun to see Will playing with his friends outside of school.  We followed swimming up with a trip to Chick Fil A for dinner.  More playing ensued in the playground there too! 

Wednesday was Bass Pro.  Let me let you guess who was in charge of picking Wednesday's outing?  I told Will that even though it was not his favorite place in the world to suck it up and enjoy it for his brother.  I might not have used those exact words, but he got the general idea.  Here they were visiting their favorite boat with the "bed" on it.  Really, I just think it is a large area where the over 21 patrons can pass out after too many beers on their brand new, overpriced pontoon. Owen wouldn't turn around for the picture because he was too interested in watching the ducks swim by.  Classic.

Thursday it was another outing with Gavin.  This time we decided on bowling.  Gavin has a little brother named Brody that is the same age as Owen.  It is great having play date's where each boy is the same age.  Once again, you will notice Owen is missing.  Yep, he was off visiting the lady in the concession stand on this go around.   




 Thursday night I had a little free time of my own since that was my scheduled girls night.  We visited PF Changs, Gap, and Starbucks in Utica Square.  I went with my sister Angela and my good friend Melinda.  It was awesome to get to hang out with some people my age and not have to listen to more stories about poops, butts, and toots.  Oh boys!
Friday morning brought rain and freezing cold temperatures in the morning.  Secretly I was glad Steven was able to be with us.  I snatched up my family and we left for a donut at the local Mexican bakery and then we headed up to Owasso for the boys to swim once again, but this time with Daddy.  I am so glad he willingly gets in with them because this Casper is not stepping foot near a bathing suit until I get a bit more color.  Yikes!

While the boys were all enjoying themselves in the pool, I was running my tail off in the work out room. Not my favorite activity for a Friday morning but I wanted to take advantage of Steven being home and watching the kids so I didn't have to get outside later that day and run in freezing weather and mist.

I had to work of that donut right???  Hope everyone had a great Spring Break and got to enjoy some good time with their families! 






No comments:

Post a Comment