Saturday, June 18, 2011

VBS and the Kiddie Park

On a totally unrelated note...this is officially my 200th blog post:) Yeah me! I know some people are devoted enough to post a blog every day. I try, but usually my best is once a week. Sorry folks, I know you are overwhelmed with grief!

This weekend was busy. Super busy. Hot. Super hot. Fun. Super fun! First off, this whole week Will had the opportunity to go to his very first Vacation Bible School. He went all week with his cousin Ava. They had so much fun. I was so very proud of him and his ability to complete his first real "school" outing for the entire week with no tears, no fear, and no conversations about not having to go:) The theme was beach/surf the whole week. To close out the week of VBS Liberty Church had a water slide, snowcones, bouncer, and sack lunch party outside on Friday. Will and Ava loved this! I brought his swimsuit so he wouldn't get soaked in his normal clothes. Was I fast enough to catch him? Nope. I turned my head from devouring my Chick Fil A for one second and both of them them already looked like this: Oops! Will loved going to VBS, learned a lot of songs, got to interact with other kiddos his age, and learned about Jesus. Thank you, Liberty Church, for providing this for my child.
Next up for the weekend was a trip to the Kiddie Park in Bartlesville. The boys love going here, and really for a total of $17 (including 3 drinks and a cotton candy), 2 1/2 hours of fun...who can go wrong? The tickets are still only a quarter each and I totally recommend the park to anyone with children (especially under the age of 5)! Nini, Pappy, Ava, Emma, Joe, and Angela all got to come with us. Will was in heaven since he now had someone other than brother to ride rides with. His favorite was probably the roller coaster. Steven and I both love coasters, so it is only natural one or both of our kids would like them too. The O Man was still too little this year to ride the coaster, but he was able to ride almost everything else. It is funny how much difference a year makes. Last summer when we went Owen just stayed in his stroller almost the whole time, wasn't a good walker, and didn't ride anything. This year, he never stayed in his stroller, was running everywhere, and rode all that he could! Here are a few shots from our night at the Kiddie Park. Note that it was 7pm last night and still 98 degrees outside! Sorry for the sheen of sweat in the pictures:)

No comments:

Post a Comment